Follow us on Twitter
Follow StudTravelForum on Twitter

Volunteer South America - Free and Low Cost volunteer work

Go down

Volunteer South America - Free and Low Cost volunteer work

Post by gap on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:52

Volunteer South America
Free and Low-Cost volunteer work in South America

This website lists the free and low-cost volunteer opportunities in South & Central America. The site is designed for backpackers /independent travellers looking to volunteer abroad for free, without paying middle-man or agency fees.

"The origins of volunteersouthamerica.net date from early 2005 when I was looking for free, grass-roots, volunteer work in Argentina. I soon discovered that finding volunteer work that didn't involve paying a middle-man/third party a large amount of cash was much more difficult than I had expected; the result was many happy hours spent searching on Google, internet travel forums & obscure Spanish-language websites for a suitable volunteer work program.

In the end, for various reasons, I didn't volunteer in 2005; but I had found a number of interesting volunteer programs and realised that lots of other people were in the same boat as myself - looking for genuine grass-roots volunteer work in South America. I didn't want my 40+ manhours of research to go to waste so I posted what I'd found on volunteerargentina.net, which later became volunteersouthamerica.net.

This Volunteer FAQ consists of things I've learned since putting the site together, useful stuff that has come up in forums and things I think potential volunteers should know.

Important: the Scams and Warnings section of the FAQ is a response to a number of complaints received."

There are four parts to this FAQ:
- A FAQ for Volunteers; Tips advice and guidance
- Volunteer Scams and Warnings FAQ; How can I tell if a Volunteer Program is genuine?
- A FAQ for Volunteer Organisations; How to get your program listed
- About this Website - How, When, Why.

Find out more at Volunteer South America website

gap

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down